’Alden’ grapevine (Vitis ’Alden’)
DECORATIVE LEAF, EXTREMELY LARGE FRUIT
Alden is a dessert and garden variety of grapevines from the USA, which is one of the most prolific ones.
- Requires warm positions.
- The bush grows strong, is resistant to frost, quite resistant to fungal diseases.
- The leaves are very large, clusters are medium-sized (200 g)
- Large, oval berries, ripening in mid October, muscat and citrus taste,
- Dark violet, blue and pink skin, easily separating from the flesh.
- A short trim is best for this variety.
- Fruit is suitable for consumption before the skin reaches an evenly dark blue colour.
- The leaves turn red, so this type of grapevine is perfect for decorating a garden.
All our grapevine seedlings have State Inspectorate of Plant Health and Seeds passports